Five Storms to Watch Out For
Many kinds of storms beat down on your roof throughout the course of the year, and you depend on it to protect your home’s interior from strong weather. From mild to severe, storm damage can eventually bring devastating consequences to your house, not to mention your wallet! If not caught early you could wind up needing a full roof replacement!
It’s often difficult to see the top of your house to check for damaged parts, so it’s important to be aware of the types of storms that your roof encounters:
1. Wind Storms - Strong winds can blow shingles off or cause them to become lifted or curled, exposing the roof underlayment to the elements. Often this type of damage is visible from the ground.
2. Snow Storms - Pressure from the weight of heavy snow can bear down on your roof to cause structural damage. Additionally, snow can quickly compact and build up under flashing and at the corners of your roof, leading to dangerous ice dams.
3. Ice Storms - Look out for dented metal on flashing and gutters that allow seepage from slushy rain and melting ice.
4. Hail Storms - Chunks of ice - large or small - can dent, pockmark, or completely knock off granules from the shingles. Sometimes you can spot these in the downspouts, but otherwise, this damage is hard to see from ground level.
5. Rain Storms - Heavy rainstorms can knock granules off of shingles and rain can seep into cracks to soak your roofing structure, potentially leading to structural damage, wood rot, and mold growth in your attic.
★ All Storms - Loose shingle granules from any storm can build up in gutters, along with leaves and other debris causing water to back up. This standing water can soak through underlayment and trickle into the attic to cause drywall damage. Additionally, standing water is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
The best way to head off expensive damage is an annual roof inspection. Contact us today to set up yours and don’t put it off until small issues turn into large ones! Our trained professionals will identify any suspect issues or signs of issues to come. We can perform any repairs or replacements to keep your roof in tip-top shape all year long.
JP Roofing & Gutters is a company born in Houston, TX. We have been in business since 1989, we are proud to be Family Owned and Operated, 50% of our business is repeat business, we are fully bonded, and insured. All our work is guaranteed, we strive to be the best roofing company in the Greater Houston Area, by providing you with the best customer service and have you as a customer for a lifetime. Your satisfaction is our Future. Call at 281-463-9077 for Free Estimates.
Repair Roofing in Houston
Roofer in Houston, Roofer Services in Houston, Residential Roofer in Houston, Commercial Roofer in Houston, Roofing Company in Houston, Residential Roofing Company in Houston, Commercial, Roofing Company in Houston, Roofing in Houston, Roofing Services in Houston, Residential Roofing in Houston, Residential Roofing Service in Houston, Commercial Roofing in Houston, Commercial Roofing Service in Houston, Roof, Company Installers in Houston, Roof Installers in Houston, Residential, Roof Installers in Houston, Commercial Roof Installers in Houston, Roof Installation in Houston, Roof Company Installation in Houston, Residential Roof Installation in Houston, Commercial Roof Installation in Houston, Roofing Contractors in Houston, Residential Roofing Contractor in Houston, Commercial Roofing Contractor in Houston, Roof Repair in Houston, Residential Roof Repair in Houston, Commercial Roof Repair in Houston, Re-Roof in Houston, Re-Roof, Residential Roof Maintenance in Houston, Commercial Roof Maintenance in Houston